DOG FRIENDS - AUCKLAND REGION & RODNEY - JANUARY 2012 NEWS
THIS IS OUR MOST IMPORTANT NEWSLETTER THIS YEAR SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. DRAFT AUCKLAND DOG POLICY
Our group submission forms have now been printed - they contain a simple request to the Council to
change the end date for restrictions on Auckland beaches from 31 March to 01 March. In less than one
minute you can print and sign a form ! Post to the Council (address at the top of the form) without a
stamp as long as the freepost details are clearly shown on the envelope.
Please don't delay - click now: Auckland Dog Policy Submission
Get each adult in your family to complete a separate form. Submissions close on Monday 27 February
but it would be good to get them sent off as soon as possible. Please print enough forms for each adult
in your family and, if possible, a few more to give to friends.
2. COUNCIL 'HAVE YOUR SAY' FORMS
Each dog owner in Auckland has received, or will receive, a "Have your say' form from the Council. Please
- It is OK to send in one of our forms as well as the Council form
- Q2.1 is written extremely badly - the 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. winter restrictions will ONLY apply to
those beaches in central Auckland that already have such restrictions.
- We suggest that you answer 'NO' to Q2.1 but please ensure you write in
Q2.3 "I want Council to change the date for the end of restrictions from 31 March to 1 March."
3. This summer's restrictions for dogs on beaches
The restricted period for dogs on Hibiscus Coast & Rodney beaches ends this year on 17 March.
If the draft Dog Policy isn't changed, dog owners in those areas will have an extra two
weeks added to their restrictions in future years !
4. WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW
Can you help with any of the following please ?
- Forward this newsletter to your dog owning friends throughout Auckland and Rodney or alternatively
send them the submission form link http://www.dogfriends.co.nz/auckland-dog-policy-submission.pdf
- Print off some extra submission forms and ask friends and family if they are willing to sign them.
- Drop off some submission forms at your local vet clinics, dog clubs, pet shops etc. If you require
us to mail forms to you please email us at:
- Take some submission forms with you on your daily dog walk, speak to dog owners you meet and
urge them to complete one.
- Advertise our group contact details widely e.g. club newsletters, magazines, newspaper articles,
emails, Facebook, word of mouth, etc
We hope everyone who reads this newsletter will be able to help in some small way.
Dog Friends - Auckland Region & Rodney
Rodney Dog Friends
Forward this message to a friend
They need to join our pack! So just ask them to go to:
and sign up, it's sooo easy!
MISSED OUR PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS ?
December 2010 News
March 2011 News
June 2011 News
August 2011 News
October 2011 News